Frito Lay releases list of products with no Pork Enzymes

:UPDATE: I realized that just because the snacks do not contain pork does not entirely mean its halal (could contain non-zabah animals) so knowing this I asked MR’s creator (Amir Sahib) and he told me to search “yasir qadhi of mice and men” on google and read his article, so I stumbled upon this and it basicaly clears it up.

MV: Mashallah! For many of us that live in non-Islamic countries this is big news. Many of the flavors of my (and many other people probably)favorite brand were consumed to have pork in them so they were announced haraam. I wasn’t sure in till now if the other flavors were Haraam or not, so this post made by MR made my day! Jazakullah Khair.

The Bellow list does not contain any Pork Enzyme:

TOSTITOS® Creamy Spinach Flavored Dip
TOSTITOS® Flour Tortilla Chips
TOSTITOS® Monterey Jack Queso Dip
TOSTITOS® Restaurant Style with a Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips
TOSTITOS® Spicy Nacho Dip

TRUE NORTH® Almonds Pistachios Walnuts Pecans

The list was confirmed to be true.

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Halal/Haram

Author:The Muslim Voice (Saad)

Creator - TheMuslimVoice.com. As a Muslim I love to educate, motivate and communicate with Muslims in the community. I want to inspire others to do good. I love my faith, Islam and want to further help spread this deen in a productive and active environment.

25 Comments on “Frito Lay releases list of products with no Pork Enzymes”

1. Hi, nice post. I have been thinking about this issue,so thanks for posting. I’ll definitely be subscribing to your site.

2. nachida
    June 29, 2009 at 10:47 AM #

Salsa verde doritos were my absolute favorite of all those. alhumdulillah i can have those again (then again, maybe for health reasons this is not the best knowledge to know).

3. Saira
    July 25, 2009 at 9:51 AM #

Please tell is Lays Masala flavor in Pakistan, Halaal or not?

4. July 26, 2009 at 10:01 AM #

yes it is halal..

5. nar
    November 7, 2009 at 1:08 PM #

so does the items on the top contain pork or they do not contain pork please say! if they contain pork tell me that they contain pork and if they dont tell me they do not contain pork

6. nar
    November 7, 2009 at 1:08 PM #

7. Jehad
    June 7, 2010 at 10:54 AM #

We are unclear if the list above is haram or halal? JazakAllahKhair

8. tahabtalib
    June 7, 2010 at 3:15 PM #

to Jehad

the list above are all halal products because they do not carry any pork enzymes. I believe that should clear things up.

9. sheikmohammad javed
    June 16, 2010 at 8:38 AM #

assalamualikum,
    my question is in indian lays such as masala favour it contain any pork item. 2nd question drinking item such as redbull, hollandio cocktail its beer its does not any alcohol its is haraam or allal

10. June 17, 2010 at 3:34 PM #

^Walaikum Asalam to the above poster
    Yes Masala flavor lays are halal according to this website: http://mukalma.blogspot.com/2009/05/no-pig-fat-in-e631.html

And to your second question-Red bull is halal but I am not sure about the other drinks but as long as it does not contain Alcohol or any other haram ingredient then even though if its considered “beer” it is halal to drink.

11. December 1, 2010 at 11:29 AM #

awesome site

12. December 17, 2010 at 10:06 PM #

Hi. Great job. I didn’t expect this on a Tuesday. This is a good bit of content. Thanks!

13. Akila Jagot
    January 24, 2011 at 2:06 PM #

Assalamualaikum, I would like to know if the new Lays sticky bbq crisps are halaal.

14. May 30, 2011 at 11:35 PM #

I want to know if Doritos Nacho Cheese is halal to eat?

15. June 2, 2011 at 2:21 PM #

^Note: We are not the halal company! That was the only list that we got and we don’t know about any other products! Sorry!

16. shifa
    June 5, 2011 at 9:15 AM #

Frito Lay just released U.S. Products Made Without Pig (Porcine) Enzymes (^o^)/
    just read it..now i can eat my fav Sunchips Cheddar Cheese again (^^) !!!
    check this link http://www.fritolay.com/your-health/us-products-made-without-porcine-enzymes.html

17. Anas Qasem
    June 20, 2011 at 11:49 AM #

what about lays gourmet ?!

18. September 1, 2011 at 1:08 AM #

nice post,thanks for sharing this

19. September 6, 2011 at 3:07 AM #

cool,i like it very much

20. obada
    September 7, 2011 at 8:38 PM #

is doritos sweet and spicy halal

21. mike
    September 7, 2011 at 8:41 PM #

it doritos sweet and spicy halal

22. ferida
    February 24, 2012 at 8:42 AM #

Does it still contain beef enzymes though? Bc if it does wud it still be conidered halal?

23. March 4, 2012 at 8:07 AM #

Yasir Qadhi is a man who’s beliefs are so unorthodox that he makes outrageous claims such as food with enzymes as being halal… saying that an impurity so miniscule couldnt possibly taint the entire food. Would you drink from a jug of water if it had simply 1 drop of poison? His actions are so rash and bold, that he would have you believe that he does it for the better of the Muslimeen… How is shaking hands with a WOMAN supposed to be halal? In a “Hadith narrated by Al-Tabari and Al-Baihaqi on the authority of Ma`qil ibn Yassar that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “It would be better for one of you to have himself stabbed on the head with an iron needle than to touch a woman that is illegal for him.” Yet Yasir Qadhi has the nerve to shake hands with a WOMAN named Mona Eltahawy, which he apparently claimed without hesitance on an article for the nytimes in an interview… Astaghfirullah, who the hell made him a sheikh? Ya Allah forgive me for my anger, my hostility, my arrogance, my slander, ya Allah, guide him, and guide my brothers and sisters, and forgive me…

I simply say this because I want you all to make the decisions for yourself… Yasir Qadhi isnt a man that I would follow to the ends of the world… I believe Islam was perfect since the time of the prophet, and still is, and there is NO NEED for us to “Modernize” just because Yasir Qadhi thinks it is better for Muslims… we are the Soldiers of Allah, we dont care what people think… we care what Allah thinks.

Think for yourselves…

24. Lima
    March 14, 2014 at 9:48 PM #

Dear brother,tahab, are these All products halal, because some of the products even they don’t contain pork but they are still haram because as you said, they contains non Zambia products. So are you really sure that they are halal? I mean 100%, please give me the right answer!.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Frito Lay Releases New List With No Pork Enzymes | The Muslim Voice - June 13, 2012

[...] this post from a while [...]