Making Dua to Allah (SWT)

MV: Aselamulaikum my Muslim Friends! Today’s post is about one thing that I love about Islam, Making Dua’s or calling out to Allah (SWT). Allah (SWT) can do anything and make anything happen and you can ask for anything (as long as its halal or it won’t be accepted) and this gives you a way to remember Allah (SWT) and He can make it possible inshAllah. So this post goes in to detail about that and also it explains how a Dua will not be accepted.

‘Dua’ means to ask Allah directly for something. There is nothing that Allah cannot do, therefore Dua is basically the means of asking the creator to do something and Allah is capable of doing each and everything imaginable and the things that are beyond belief for the human mind. Rasullullah Allah's Peace  and blessings be upon him used to turn to Allah for every matter in life, be it small or big. However insignificant a task may be, as Muslims we have been instructed and advised to turn towards Allah in times of happiness and of sadness. If the mind is not connected to Allah, we will result in asking help from the creation of Allah.

Sometimes there are bad conditions in the world; we tend to ask ourselves questions about why the Muslims are being punished? And why we are being oppressed? Why is it happening to us like this? We make so much Dua to Allah very often and in the end we don’t see the fruits of our Dua. The question which tends to arise is why are our Dua’s not being accepted? We get caught in the clear trap of Shaytaan and start to think, ‘Why isn’t Allah doing as we want him to do? We feel that we are making Dua but nothing is happening.

The reason behind this attitude is that as humans we tend to always want to do things in a hurry. We want things to be done overnight and often because of this very reason, we do things with lack of wisdom.

This promise demands steadfastness upon the deen of almighty Allah and not following the ways of the Shaytaan. As weak Muslims we don’t seem to stay steadfast. We commit sins but don’t feel this could be a reason why our Dua’s are failing to be answered. We expect them to be accepted before we even finish them! If we look at the lives of the Prophets Alayhis Salaam, we will find that even though they were free from sin, still their Dua’s weren’t granted straight away. Hazrat Musa prayed for approximately forty years, only then did Allah answer his Dua’s. Not only Prophet Musa but there are so many prophets whose lives bear witness to Dua’s that weren’t accepted straight away. The Prophet Ayyub is another example, according to some Ulama, his Dua’s were finally accepted after seventy years of calmly waiting. We need to notice the fact that he didn’t once lose hope and become disheartened, but remained steadfast. On calling towards Allah, practicing patience and making Dua for their needs to be fulfilled.

Sometimes the wish we ask Allah for, may not always be what is best for us, and Allah through his infinite wisdom, decides what is best for us at the time, then later we find out that it was better that the wish we asked for wasn’t granted. We should never feel that our asking from Allah or our time spent is being wasted because if our Dua is not answered in this world then it is being stored and will be answered in the form of numerous rewards in the hereafter. Allah loves to see his servants remembering him, begging and crying before him and often the case is that if Allah gives his servants what he wants and removes the difficulty he is going through, he stops begging before Allah, so this way Allah rewards him for his patience too.

Keeping this in mind we should not become disheartened when we don’t see our prayers being answered, but instead we should ask even more from Allah and the result in us becoming closer to Allah. Rasullullah Allah's Peace  and blessings be upon him is reported to have said, “Dua is the weapon of a Muslim”.

May Allah give us all the ability to remember him at all times. Ameen.

~by Mohammed Ilyas Adam

Source

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Islamic Study

Author:The Muslim Voice (Saad)

Creator - TheMuslimVoice.com. As a Muslim I love to educate, motivate and communicate with Muslims in the community. I want to inspire others to do good. I love my faith, Islam and want to further help spread this deen in a productive and active environment.

24 Comments on “Making Dua to Allah (SWT)”

1. kmas babu
    July 13, 2010 at 10:14 AM #

assalamu alikum,
    brothers and sisters i am passing though a very mental pressure
    coz i am not able to join my company because of my visa problem , my usa visa is pending due to some unknown reason. tht’s why my family is also tensed and i can’t do anything because of this tension. so brother and sister please pray for me. so , that i can get rid of this tension. thank you.

2. October 21, 2010 at 11:30 AM #

hello friends i am in a big trouble i have lost my love pls make dua that she come back to me plsdear

3. k.ibrahim
    November 22, 2010 at 5:24 PM #

Bismullah,ir-Rahman,ir-Rahim. Ashhadu Alla Ilaha Illa Allah Wa Ashhadu Anna Muhammad Rasulu Allah” “I bear witness that there is no deity other than Allah(SWT)
    and that Muhammad(SAW) is his servant and Messenger.”
    As-Salaam Alaikum. my Brothers and Sisters, My Name is Khalid U. Ibrahim. I am in need of your Prayers To ALLAH for Help and Protection.(Ya ALLAH!) O ALLAH! I Beg of you to bestow,on us a Home, a Home of Safety,Security and Peace in this World Life Out of the Reach of the Dajjal and his army,and Grant us a Home of Safety, Security and Peace in the Life Hereafter, out of the Reach of the Fire of Hell!. (Ya ALLAH!) OALLAH! I Beg of you to Increase our Faith and Devotion, and to Bless us with Peace in our Hearts and Souls.O Allah! I Beg You for the means to do good, to avoid evil, and to love the poor, and I beseech You to forgive us and have mercy on us. When You subject the people to a trial, Protect us from being affected by it. O Allah! I Beg of you, Your love,and the love of those who love You, and the love of all such actions that bring us closer to You, Your Love.”(Ya ALLAH!) OALLAH! I beg of you for your Protection against the Evil Influence of these Magicians and Sorcerers in this City of Houston,Tx.

4. K.Ibrahim
    November 28, 2010 at 6:25 PM #

Bismullah,ir-Rahman,ir-Rahim.
    “Ashhadu Alla Ilaha Illa Allah Wa Ashhadu Anna Muhammad Rasulu Allah” “I bear witness that there is no deity other than Allah(SWT)
    and that Muhammad(SAW) is his servant and Messenger.” As-Salaam Alaikum! My Brothers and Sisters, My Name is Khalid U.Ibrahim. I am in need of your (Du’a) Prayers To ALLAH! for Help and Protection. (Ya ALLAH!) OALLAH! I Beg of you to Bestow on us a Home, a Home of Safety, Security and Peace in this World Life, Out of the Reach of the Dajjal and his army, and also Grant us a Home of Safety,Security and Peace in the Life Hereafter,Out of the Reach of the Fire of Hell!.(Ya ALLAH!) OALLAH! I Beg of you to Increase our Faith and Devotion, and to Bless us with Peace in our Hearts and Souls.(Ya ALLAH!) OALLAH! I Beg of you for the means to do good, to avoid evil, and to Love the poor, and I beseech you forgive us and have mercy on us. And When you subject the people to a trial, Protect us from being affected by it.(Ya ALLAH!) OALLAH! I Beg of you, your Love, and the Love of those who Love you, and the Love of all such actions that bring us closer to you,to your Love.(Ya ALLAH!) OALLAH! I Beg of you for your Protection against the Evil Influence of these Magicians and Sorcerers in this City of Houston,Tx.

5. Mutassam
    December 14, 2010 at 10:56 AM #

please mere pyare khuda. mujhe chemistry mock exam jo mehne aaj kiya hai meh pass ho jao. please mere pyare khuda me apne aba hazur aur amii hazur ko hush rekna jatao. please mere dua suhne. shukirya

6. Mutassam
    December 14, 2010 at 10:59 AM #

please forgive my past sins tooo :’(

7. Nasr abd'Allah
    December 31, 2010 at 5:12 PM #

As’salaamualaikum wa rahmatulaahi wa barakaatuhu,
    I’ll say Ameen to each and every of your du’as.
    You guys are doing a great job- May Allah (sw’t) blesses you infinitely for that- but yet,
    I just wanted to pinpoint that there has clearly been an error in this article.

There’s no such as Sûrah 90 verse 60 or Sûrah 60 verse 90.
    Please correct.

8. December 31, 2010 at 7:05 PM #

Aselamulaikum Brother^

Thanks Jazakullah khair for your kind words and thank you for pointing that out. May Allah forgive my mistakes inshAllah.

9. Ahmad Faqiri
    January 10, 2011 at 2:53 AM #

Dear Brothers and Sisters, May Allah (SWT) be pleased with all of us and grand our wishes/needs that we have. I am requesting all of you to not forget each others in your prayers and please pray for me as well.

10. sed
    March 13, 2011 at 7:35 AM #

Plz pray for me to get married with my love

11. Firoz Khan
    March 31, 2011 at 2:29 AM #

Assalamwalaikum wa rehmatullahe wa barkatu

oh Allah please save us from every problem solve our every problem save every muslim all around the world. and please accept everybody’s halal(every muslims all around the world and here )dua.

ya allah give us long life with salamti happiness and i want many childrens please pray for me….

12. Firoz Khan
    March 31, 2011 at 2:31 AM #

BISMILLAH HIR REHMANIR RAHEEM

ALLAHUMMA SALLI ALA MUHAMMADIW WA ALA AALI MUHAMMADIN KAMAA SALLAITA ALA IBRAHIMA WA ALA AALI IBRAHIMA INNAKA HAMIDUM MAJID. ALLAHUMMA BAARIK ALA MUHAMMADIW WA ALA AALI MUHAMMADIN KAMAA BAARAKTA ALA IBRAHIMA WA ALA AALI IBRAHIMA INNAKA HAMIDUM MAJID. AMEEN

Assalam Walikum wa rehmatullahe wa barkatu

i am facing some problem from last three years please paray for me – allah subhan wa tala make me happy and give me salamti khair.

ya allahu ya rehmanu ya raheemu ya musab-bi-bul-asbaab
    please give long Life , happiness , Shifa(Helth) from all type of illness ,Rizq and all khair to my father,mother broters and sisters and me an my wife and all muslim. aameen

ya allah please accept everybody’s (muslims)prayes in all around the world and give all muslims longlife with happiness ,health,and what they want give all them (only jaiz/halal)because everything is possible to you just say KUN ya allah our problems will be solve please do not reject dua ya allah we dont have any other you to asking anything. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee save me save all muslim and give us salamti YA ALLAH YA SALAM
    YA ARHAMAR-RAHIMEEN

AMMEN YA RABAL AALAMEEN

13. nifty
    April 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM #

assalamwlaikum i ust wanted 2 request u all :’( if u all could pray 4 my frend he is in real trobel he is reay a g8 person who dosent seserve this plz pray 4 him that may Alla protect him n keep him safe n his family also ameen plz 2day ur sister realy need ur help :’(

14. April 20, 2011 at 12:35 AM #

May Allah (swt) Forgive his sins and relieve him of his difficult times.Ameen.

15. Manal
    April 25, 2011 at 8:51 AM #

AoA,
    Dear brothers & sisters,
    Please pray for my father, as he was diagnosed with brain tumor :’(
    I humbly request you to please remember him in your prayers, as it would mean a LOT to me.
    I am in severe pain, cannot concentrate on my studies. I have no words to explain. I cry day & night for my fathers health. Please pray for him! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    May Allah grant my father health & long life.
    Ameen.
    Thank you.

16. May 10, 2011 at 5:48 PM #

Ya allah return my wife allah go in to her heart so that she can understand give her a sign to be reunited with me allah ameen

17. Samina
    May 12, 2011 at 12:14 PM #

please everyone pray for me… i really need it..

this is the dua i am asking..Oh my allah, the giver, the sustainer, the loving, the merciful, the forgiver. i begg and i plead to you, you alone can give us what we ask and you alone can make our duas accepted. please im begging for your mercy on me and forgiveness for all i have done. i begg you to please accept my dua for the man i love soo dear and for us to get married this year in july. to open his eyes and heart that i will do anything to become the best wife, the best daughter in-law the best sister-in-law. please i begg you to accept my dua and to fullfill my desier for him to do everything the right and islamic way as i have sin and dont wnat to anymore. i ask for you and you alone to help me.. ameen summa ameen

18. slave
    June 2, 2011 at 9:29 AM #

BISMILLAH HIR REHMANIR RAHEEM

Assalam Walikum wa rehmatullahe wa barkatu

ya allahu ya rehmanu ya raheemu ya musab-bi-bul-asbaab

{i need happiness , good health, salamti, aafiyat, longlife with happiness and many child’s means 4 girls and 3 boys (i am married) so please any one brother or sister please pray for me……..! ya allah you know my problems and its solution and you know my hazat …..please save allah save me allah please save me allh…kareem..aaameen }

ya allah please accept everybody’s (all muslims)prayes in all around the world and give all muslims longlife with happiness ,health,and what they want give all them (only jaiz/halal)because everything is possible to you just say KUN ya allah our problems will be solve please do not reject dua ya allah we dont have any other you to asking anything. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. save me save all muslim and give us salamti YA ALLAH YA SALAM
    YA ARHAMAR-RAHIMEEN YA SATTAR YA AZEEM YA ALLAH

AMMEN YA RABAL AALAMEEN – SUMMA AAMEEN

19. Jabrel
    June 8, 2011 at 5:02 PM #

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahe wa barkatu

Please make dua for me brothers and sisiters, as I endure car issues, home issues, job issues, bill issues and financial issues, InSha Allah. For me and my family.

20. September 5, 2011 at 11:03 PM #

may ALLAH bless us all his creatures aAmeen

21. lyubo
    October 11, 2011 at 5:54 PM #

May Allah help the woman I love,,, she needs improvement right away,, she needs this issue to be over so she can start fresh

Please Lord guide and ease her pain and make way for the new and better according to her desires

AMeen AMeen Ameen

22. January 25, 2012 at 3:35 AM #

dear brother and sister i m passing from very hard time due to some reasons, plz pray for my family specialy for my brother with deep sincerity

23. Hassan K.
    July 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM #

Bismilah alrahman alraheem, May the peace& blessings of Allah (swt) be upon our master Muhammad & his pure family.

Brothers & sisters, im currently going through difficult times at my work, and i need my job now as i have a huge mortgage. I wantt you’s to make dua that nothing bad happens & that i can find a better job where im happier. I pray to Allah almighty to aleviate my depression & stresses & to give me rizk so i can be happier in life. I also want you to make dua that i marry the girl in Lebanon that i wanted.

Please brothers & sisters make Dua for me & inshallah i will remember all of yous in my Dua. Allah is the most merciful the most benificial.

La ilaha ilalah, Muhammadin rasul Allah

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Allah answered all his du’as … except one … | The Muslim Voice - February 5, 2012

[...] information about Making Dua to Allah (swt), click here and here for information of the best times to make [...]