MV: This post gives some important information, as well as amazing facts about the holy water, please take your time and endure.
Thanks to Mr. Syed Umar Sharjeel.
The Well of Zamzam (or the Zamzam Well, or just Zamzam; Arabic: �) is a well
located within the Masjid al Haram in Mecca, 20 meters east of the Kaaba,
the holiest place in Islam. According to Islamic tradition it was a
miraculously- generated source of water from angel Jibril (Gabriel), which
began thousands of years ago when Ibraham’s infant son was thirsty.
Millions of pilgrims visit the well each year while performing the Hajj or
Umrah pilgrimages, in order to drink its water. By Saudi law, the water
cannot be sold outside of the kingdom, but because of strong demand there
is a thriving market in fake Zamzam water in other countries.
- Zam Zam is 18X14 ft & 18 meter deep water well.
- It started 4000 yrs ago.
- Never dried since then.
- Never changed the taste, no Algea or plant growth in the pond, thus no
- disease caused.
- This small pond provides water to millions of people through heavy motors
- pulling 8000 lit: per second and after 24 hours in only 11 mins
- completes its level.
- Thus its water level never decreases
- It was tested by European Laboratories & declared fit for drinking.