MV: Thousands of years before the American Constitution existed, The faith of God and his messenger spoke out against stereotyping others. While today we still fight for the rights of equality, way back, Islam made a stance that it didn’t not matter if you were Black, White, Male, Female or any other nationality or religion. The Qur’an tells us that all of mankind is descended from one couple, Adaam and Hawwa. And because of that we are all brothers and sisters, and our differences in languages and colors are but a mercy that we might know one another. Language and race should never be a reason for discriminating against people.
In the Quran it says,“And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the (wonderful) difference of your languages and colours. Verily, in that are indeed signs for people of sound knowledge”
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said in part of his speech, “Fear Allah concerning your women. You have certain rights over your women, and your women have certain rights over you. Lay injunction upon your women but kindly.” [Part of his second to last speech to his people.
And Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) also said, “O People! Your Lord is one, Adaam was created from clay. Remember! There is no superiority to an Arab over a non-Arab and a non-Arab over an Arab. Nor white over black or black over white except in piety. [10TH of Dhul Hijjah, his last speech]
Also among the honored Humans in Islam are,
- Khadijah, the first woman
- Aisha Bint Abi-Bakr , the greatest scholar of all time
- Fatimah Bint Muhammad, The beloved dauther of Rasulullah
- Maryam Bint Imran, Mother of prophet Isa, the purest of all women
- Abu Bakr, the first man
- Ali, the first child
- Zaid, the first slave (but was freed by the prophet pbuh)
- BILAL THE ABYSSINIAN, Early convert and first African Slave
- SALMAN THE PERSIAN,first person to translate the Qur’an into another language.
- SUHAYB THE ROMAN, precedor the Byzantines to Islam.
- ABDULLAH THE HEBRE, one of the Jews who did not reject the Prophet (PBUH).
So as you can see, it is clearly a fact that Islam is a very diverse religion. It is important for Muslims to understand that in Islam, Race does not matter as we were all ancestors of Prophet Adam.Respect that!