MV: During my studies on Religions, I kept finding that the 3 Monotheistic religions are Islam, Christianity and Judaism. Whenever this would happen I kept thinking, don’t they believe on the Trinity three-part God thing? So this article I found really cleared the misconception I’m sure many Muslims have on Christians.
There is nothing like Him
Allah explains to us that “There is nothing like unto Him” (42:11). From this we can understand that nothing of the creation can be compared to Allah, nor does Allah resemble the creation.
Christians say that Jesus (upon whom be peace) is God incarnate, a part of the Trinity three-part God – this is often described as being like an egg where there are three parts of one thing. Christians may also say that Muslims believe God can do anything therefore it is possible for God to become a man – according to their logic. However, the Bible confirms for us that this is not the case:
• “Moses replied, “It will be as you say, so that you may know there is no one like the LORD our God.” (Exodus 8:10)
• “You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.” (Deuteronomy 4:35)
• “How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.” (2 Samuel 7:22)
With regards to the Trinity, the three-unit God-head is not named in the Bible anywhere. In fact, the Oneness of God is emphasized time and time again. And, that none is to be worshipped except the One God, such as:
• “Before Me there was no god formed, And there will be none after Me.” (Isaiah 43:10)
• “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.” (Deuteronomy 4:39)
• “There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.” (Deuteronomy 32:39)
• “There is no one like you, O LORD, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.” (1 Chronicles 17:20)
• “God is one.” (Galatians 3:20)
Further, the Bible relates how God reacts if a person were to worship other than the One God and says: “You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God…” (Exodus 20:5). Taken strictly from a Biblical perspective, God is One and worship ought to be directed to Him alone.
Say, “He is God, the One. God, to Whom the creatures turn for their needs. He begets not, nor was He begotten, and there is none like Him.” (Quran, 112:1-4)